[gull-annonces] /ch/open 15.9.04: Event in Bern

Marc SCHAEFER schaefer at alphanet.ch
Tue Aug 24 09:31:01 CEST 2004

Putting change at the center of the software process

Referent
Prof. Oscar Nierstrasz

When
15. September 2004 17:30

Location
Eidgenössisches Institut für Geistiges Eigentum, Einsteinstr. 2, 3003 Bern,
Sitzungsraum 132

Organisation
IGE, in Zusammenarbeit mit den IAM Alumni und /ch/open

Abstract
We know that successful software systems are doomed to change. But our
programming languages and tools continue to focus on developing static,
unchanging models of software. We propose that change should be at the
center of our software process.  To that end, we are exploring
programming language mechanisms to support both fine-grained
composition and coarse-grained extensibility, and we are developing
tools and techniques to analyse and facilitate change in complex
systems. In this talk we review problems and limitations with
object-oriented and component-based development approaches, and we
explore both technological and methodological ways in which change can
be better accommodated.

Inscription required: Matthias Günter <mailto:matthias.guenter at mentor.ch>