[gull-annonces] Cours De l'importance des standards ouverts et accessibles à tous le 4 mai 2010 à 19:30 à Beausobre (rappel)

GULL Evenements evenements at linux-gull.ch
Mon May 3 06:31:05 CEST 2010

Cours   De l'importance des standards ouverts et accessibles à tous
Page web : http://www.linux-gull.ch/nouveau/GestionActiviteDocumentNomBrefDuCours20100504.html
Intervenant : Norbert Bollow
Le : mardi 4 mai 2010
Heure : 19:30
Lieu : Beausobre

Open Standards are very important for software users, for example for
being able to use Free Software for business purposes in a world where
others use proprietary software. Good standards for document formats
are particularly important.

I will discuss what the Free Software community needs and expects
from international standardization organizations like ISO, and how we
have been disappointed by a form of moral corruption which is actually
very widespread in society: The same socioeconomic phenomena are also
so far stopping humanity from taking effective action against disastrous
climate change through greenhouse gas emissions. In the example of ISO
and document format standards, it is fortunately relatively easy to take
effective action, so that we will (eventually) be able to get what we
need in the area of document format standards. In this talk I will
discuss my experiences which include getting the serious legal problem
of GPL-incompatibility fixed in Microsoft's licensing conditions for
their OOXML-related patents, becoming chairman of the Swiss mirror
committee for document format standards, and upcoming battles. I will
also explain how you can significantly help in this important area
without having to become an expert.

INSCRIPTION OBLIGATOIRE

Page d'inscription pour les membres du Gull :
 http://collaboratif.linux-gull.ch/GULLServeurWWW/InscriptionActivite?cours_document=GestionActiviteDocumentNomBrefDuCours20100504

Page d'inscription pour les non-membres :
 https://www.linux-gull.ch/cgi-bin/event-subscribe.pl?cours_document=GestionActiviteDocumentNomBrefDuCours20100504