[gull] message de boot incompréhensible

pierre maitre maitre at cdg.ch
Thu Jun 26 15:39:13 CEST 2003

Thierry de Coulon wrote:

>Bonjour!
>
>Je voulais essayer la "dernière" de Lindows sur un "vieux" laptop (Thinkpad
>600e) sur lequel est installé OS/2, mais j'obtiens le message suivant:
>
>L 80 80 80 80 80 80 (etc...)
>
>J'ai googlé pour comprendre ce que Lilo voulait me dire mais je n'ai rien
>trouvé de concret. Quelqu'un sait ce que cela signifie?

Touvé dans /usr/share/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz  (Debian woody):

LILO start message
- - - - - - - - -
When LILO loads itself, it displays the word "LILO". Each letter is printed
before or after performing some specific action. If LILO fails at some
point, the letters printed so far can be used to identify the problem. This
is described in more detail in the technical overview.

Note that some hex digits may be inserted after the first "L" if a
transient disk problem occurs. Unless LILO stops at that point, generating
an endless stream of error codes, such hex digits do not indicate a severe
problem.

  (<nothing>)  No part of LILO has been loaded. LILO either isn't installed
    or the partition on which its boot sector is located isn't active.
   L <error> ...   The first stage boot loader has been loaded and started,
    but it can't load the second stage boot loader. The two-digit error
    codes indicate the type of problem. (See also section "Disk error
    codes".) This condition usually indicates a media failure or a geometry
    mismatch (e.g. bad disk parameters, see section "Disk geometry").
   LI   The first stage boot loader was able to load the second stage boot
    loader, but has failed to execute it. This can either be caused by a
    geometry mismatch or by moving /boot/boot.b without running the map
    installer.
   LIL   The second stage boot loader has been started, but it can't load
    the descriptor table from the map file. This is typically caused by a
    media failure or by a geometry mismatch.
   LIL?   The second stage boot loader has been loaded at an incorrect
    address. This is typically caused by a subtle geometry mismatch or by
    moving /boot/boot.b without running the map installer.
   LIL-   The descriptor table is corrupt. This can either be caused by a
    geometry mismatch or by moving /boot/map without running the map
    installer.
   LILO   All parts of LILO have been successfully loaded.

Disk error codes
- - - - - - - -

If the BIOS signals an error when LILO is trying to load a boot image, the
respective error code is displayed. The following BIOS error codes are
known:
... blabla
   0x80   "Disk timeout". The disk or the drive isn't ready. Either the
    media is bad or the disk isn't spinning. If you're booting from a
    floppy, you might not have closed the drive door. Otherwise, trying to
    boot again might help.

Ca repond à votre question?

PM

--