[gull] choice of distribution

maitre maitre at cdg.ch
Thu Jun 30 21:03:02 CEST 2005

Tortue wrote:

> Hello. I would like to mount a live CD of a linux distribution with a
> game server. I only need the strict necessary to run the game server
> and the hardware recognition (drivers). I would greatly appreciate
> some help with the choice of the distribution, as I am brend new to
> linux. I thought about the Debian distrib, as it seems to be the most
> "complete" one, but I am a newbie... ;-) Could you help me ? Thanks !
>
> A. Olivier

Welcome to the linux world!
I have no knowledge about  games under linux, but the reference given
today  by Daniel Cordey gives  a lot of distributions  dedicated to gaming:

Daniel Cordey wrote:

Une "superbe" page qui répertorie des distributions "LiveCD
Linux" (Linux sans installation):
http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php?pick=All&sort=Votes&sm=1

A+

dc