[gull] Re: Pourquoi M$ Word crashe-t-il meme sur Mac OS X?

Yves Grossiord yves.grossiord at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 20 20:21:29 CEST 2005

On Monday 17 October 2005 16:29, fischer at ludwin.net wrote:
> S'il y a des suites bureautiques libres avec correcteur gramatical, tu
> pourrais les indiquer ici, au lieu de repeter le même terme, "troll", une
> fois de plus.

AbiWord 2.4 beats OpenOffice to a Grammar Checker
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/15/1312216&from=rss
http://www.abisource.com/download/

"The recently released AbiWord-2.4 is the first Free Word Processor
to offer an integrated Grammar Checker. We can can do this because
we're a pure GPL'd application and so can easily collaborate with
other Freely licensed applications like link-grammar, gtkmathview
and itex2mml which provide AbiWord-2.4 with a superb Latex-based
Math feature. Sun's license requirements for OpenOffice.Org make it
much more difficult for such collaborations to occur."

Fin de la citation.

Personnellement, je n'attends pas avec impatience un correcteur
grammatical dans OOo. Lorsque j'utilisais MS Word, il ne m'a que
tres rarement propose une modification utile et me faisait plus
souvent sourire.

> Je me suis tout naturellement adresse a cette liste pour savoir
> ce que ces membres pensent de la wikipedia. Mes questions sont
> tout a fait legitimes. Vous n'etes pas obliges d'etre d'accord
> avec moi.

Wikipedia founder sees serious quality problems
http://slashdot.org/articles/05/10/18/2135219.shtml?tid=95
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/18/wikipedia_quality_problem/

"The Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales has acknowledged there are
real quality problems with the online project. From the article:
'Meanwhile, criticism from outside the Wikipedia camp has been
rebuffed with a ferocious blend of irrationality and vigor that's
almost unprecedented in our experience: if you thought Apple,
Amiga, Mozilla or OS/2 fans were er, ... passionate, you haven't
met a wiki-fiddler.'"

PS1: desole pour l'anglais
PS2: pas de nouvelle flamewar, svp

A bientot, Yves.