[gull] HSDPA USB device from Swisscom and Linux

Leopoldo Ghielmetti leopoldo.ghielmetti at a3.epfl.ch
Thu Feb 28 10:15:57 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 22:39 +0100, Jean Pierre Rupp wrote:
> Well, NAT, now that's terrible. At least I'll see if I could get some
> IPv6 for aMule and other software. It's awful not to have a public IP
> address available.
>
> In fact you got the question perfectly. I was asking if the gave public
> IP addresses, I don't mind if it's not static.

I think they give not public addresses because the IPV4 adresses are
limited. If the mobile operators begins to give out public adresses,
it's not possible to deliver enough adresses for everybody.

The best thing is to give IPV6 adresses, but I don't know if the mobiles
phones support the IPV6 today, elsewhere it's completely stupid to give
IPV4 adresses today on a new infrastructure as the internet on the
phones.

> El mié, 27-02-2008 a las 20:16 +0100, Francois Deppierraz escribió:
> > Neither provide anything better than a nat'ed private IPv4 address.

ciao, Leo