[gull] Fwd: For the pre-alpha: Heartbeat accessibility testing — we need VoiceOver, Braille, and switch users

Emmanuelle Germond e-germond at citycable.ch
Thu Feb 5 20:32:41 CET 2015

-------- Message d'origine --------
De : Aral Balkan <hello at ind.ie>
Envoyé : 5 février 2015 16:49:59 UTC+01:00
À : Thonacd <thon_ac_d at citycable.ch>
Objet : For the pre-alpha: Heartbeat accessibility testing — we need VoiceOver, Braille, and switch users

Hello everyone,

I have a quick request to share with you from the private pre-alpha:

I’m working this week on the initial accessibility features in the setup flow for Heartbeat and we’d love to have some VoiceOver, Braille, and switch users to start testing with. If any of you use these assistive devices (or others), please let us know.

I’ve initially sent this request, of course, to our pre-alpha list but that is a very small sample so I’m also emailing you on the main mailing list and will be asking on Twitter to see if there are any assistive device users there who want to take part in the pre-alpha.

Also, if you have any friends who use assistive devices and are running OS X Yosemite, it would be wonderful to invite them to the pre-alpha so we can get their feedback. (If you know of anyone in Brighton, in the UK, that would be doubly awesome as we could test in-person.)

Accessibility is not separate to design, it’s a core element. It’s also a core tenet of the  Ind.ie manifesto (https://newsletter.ind.ie/l/doDOFmhr0b8BckDeSuhYpw/tkFhQDpa51jnXLAVgmSrqw/dYr2CDZVU8mCVDmGeEZWGg). The superlative built-in accessibility support in OS X is one of the major reasons why we chose it as our reference platform.

I appreciate any help you can provide in making sure that Heartbeat is accessible to as many people as possible.

Love,
Aral