[gull] fr-ch keymap for rdesktop

Erik Rossen rossen at freesurf.ch
Tue Jul 22 15:59:01 CEST 2003

rdesktop (www.rdesktop.org) is a free (GPL) remote terminal client that
speaks RDP, the Remote Desktop Protocol found in Windows
XP/2000Server/2000TerminalServer.  rdesktop is somewhat like VNC:  both
are extremely useful programs if you are working on a Linux terminal and
need to connect to a Windows desktop.

The current version of rdesktop, 1.2, features vastly improved support
for non-American keymaps.  There is a fr-ch keymap in CVS (checked in
April 25, 2003), but it seems to be completely bogus.  At least it does
not work for me.  I spent a few hours this afternoon building a new
keymap that I will send to the maintainers.  In case you want to try it
out and check for bugs, here it is.  If one builds the rdesktop 1.2
using the default configuration, the following file should be named
/usr/local/share/rdesktop/keymaps/fr-ch.

---------------------------cut here-------------------------
# built from scratch by Erik Rossen <rossen at prolibre.com>
# v1.0 2003-07-22
include common
map 0x100c
EuroSign 0x12 altgr
at 0x03 altgr
backslash 0x56 altgr
bar 0x02 altgr
braceleft 0x28 altgr
braceright 0x2b altgr
bracketleft 0x1a altgr
bracketright 0x1b altgr
brokenbar 0x08 altgr
cent 0x09 altgr
dead_acute 0x0c altgr
dead_circumflex 0x0d
notsign 0x07 altgr
numbersign 0x04 altgr

--
Erik Rossen                          ^    OpenPGP key: 2935D0B9
rossen at freesurf.ch                  /e\   "Use GnuPG, see the