[gull] Re: serial console BIOS

Erik Rossen rossen at freesurf.ch
Fri Feb 6 19:04:01 CET 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 11:58:59AM -0600, Michael Glasgow wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> I saw a post from you on a mailing list where you were looking for
> a solid server motherboard whose BIOS supported a serial console
> natively.  I saw several followups, but no suggestions that really
> seemed to hit the mark.
>
> I was wondering if you ever found anything to your liking?  If so,
> I would love to get a recommendation.

No, I did not find anything.  The only lead I found is that the BIOS
makers do not call the functionality a "serial console" - they call it a
"remote console".  Maybe that will help me (and you) when using search
engines.

--
Erik Rossen                          ^    OpenPGP key: 2935D0B9
rossen at freesurf.ch                  /e\   "Use GnuPG, see the