[gull] choice of distribution

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Fri Jul 1 07:09:02 CEST 2005

On Thursday, 30 June 2005 20.02, maitre wrote:
> Tortue wrote:
> > Hello. I would like to mount a live CD of a linux distribution with a
> > game server. I only need the strict necessary to run the game server
> > and the hardware recognition (drivers). I would greatly appreciate
> > some help with the choice of the distribution, as I am brend new to
> > linux. I thought about the Debian distrib, as it seems to be the most
> > "complete" one, but I am a newbie... ;-) Could you help me ? Thanks !
> >
> > A. Olivier

You might take a look to some Debian-based distribution like Mepis and
Ubuntu/Kubuntu.
I have been running some games on Mepis (X-plane and most if the FPS based on
ID software's engines: Quake(s), RTCW, SOF and Doom 3. Haven't tried a game
server though and I run them from the hard disk.

Thierry

--
Frank Zappa