[gull] Résolution dans un serveur X

Jean-Bruno Luginbühl jean_bruno_luginbuhl at yahoo.fr
Fri Jul 22 11:17:51 CEST 2005

Le jeu 21/07/2005 à 18:46, Daniel Cordey a écrit :
> On Thursday 21 July 2005 18:22, Jean-Bruno Luginbühl wrote:

Salut,

> Ne serait-ce pas plutot les frequences de balayage horizontales et verticales
> qui sont importantes ? Il me semble que soit le pitch est deduit a partir de
> la resolution et de la frequence, soit les frequences sont deduites de la

Ha? Mais comment faire avec un écran qui est à plasma? Donc plus de
fréquences de rafraichissement? Et surtout comment calculer les dpi's en
fonction de ces fréquences?

> Il me semble que c'est le Modeline (Le chiffre juste apres la resolution me

La doc XFree me donne ceci sur Modeline :

ModeLine "name" mode-description
        This entry is a more compact version of the Mode entry, and it
        also can be used to specify video modes for the monitor. is a
        single line format for specifying video modes. In most cases
        this isn't necessary because the built-in set of VESA standard
        modes will be sufficient.

        The mode-description is in four sections, the first three of
        which are mandatory. The first is the dot (pixel) clock. This is
        a single number specifying the pixel clock rate for the mode in
        MHz. The second section is a list of four numbers specifying the
        horizontal timings. These numbers are the hdisp, hsyncstart,
        hsyncend, and htotal values. The third section is a list of four
        numbers specifying the vertical timings. These numbers are the
        vdisp, vsyncstart, vsyncend, and vtotal values. The final
        section is a list of flags specifying other characteristics of
        the mode. Interlace indicates that the mode is interlaced.
        DoubleScan indicates a mode where each scanline is doubled.
        +HSync and -HSync can be used to select the polarity of the
        HSync signal. +VSync and -VSync can be used to select the
        polarity of the VSync signal. Composite can be used to specify
        composite sync on hardware where this is supported.
        Additionally, on some hardware, +CSync and -CSync may be used to
        select the composite sync polarity. The HSkew and VScan options
        mentioned above in the Modes entry description can also be used
        here.

C'est du Chinois pour moi. D'autant plus que mon fichier XFree dans
cette section ne contient rien pour mon écran (la résolution est dans la
section "screen" :

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "monitor1"
    VendorName "Generic"
    ModelName "Flat Panel 1400x1050"
    HorizSync 31.5-90
    VertRefresh 59-75

    # Sony Vaio C1(X,XS,VE,VN)?
    # 1024x480 @ 85.6 Hz, 48 kHz hsync
    ModeLine "1024x480"    65.00 1024 1032 1176 1344   480  488  494
563 -hsync
 -vsync

    # TV fullscreen mode or DVD fullscreen output.
    # 768x576 @ 79 Hz, 50 kHz hsync
    ModeLine "768x576"     50.00  768  832  846 1000   576  590  595
630

    # 768x576 @ 100 Hz, 61.6 kHz hsync
    ModeLine "768x576"     63.07  768  800  960 1024   576  578  590
616
EndSection

>Mais, j'ai un interface DVI...

Donc cela n'a pas de sens d'indiquer des fréquences de rafraîchissement
ou je me trompe?

Merci

Jean-Bruno
--
Jean-Bruno Luginbühl				Tel +41 27 322 10 03
Luginbühl & Cie SA Transports			Fax +41 27 322 10 62