[gull] Ubuntu et suspend to disk

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Tue Nov 29 18:24:13 CET 2005

Voilà, j'ai retrouvé (sur http://www.zzamboni.org/brt/2005/08/17/54/, à propos
d'une installation Gentoo)

"But I had trouble to get power management to work properly. With both APM and
ACPI, it would suspend, but it would not come back to life properly. Part of
the problem seems to be that the T43p has a SATA disk, and the SATA suspend
is broken in the latest Linux kernels. Unfortunately, even with the patch
provided by Jens Axboe, it did not work properly.

In the end, I managed to get suspend-to-disk (hibernate) to work properly, by
using Suspend2"

Je suppose donc que SuSE a compilé un kernel qui contient soit Suspend2, soit
un patch corrigeant le problème SATA. Reste à voir s'il est possible de
compiler un kernel Ubuntu avec les mêmes caractéristiques.

Thierry

--
Frank Zappa