[gull] Ubuntu 6.10

WEISS Paul Paul.WEISS at colibrys.com
Fri Mar 9 11:28:57 CET 2007

 Le souci, c'est que je lis ça sur le web:

quote:

I've searched and tried many methods that are already listed on these boards to no avail. Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance!

So tonight I decided to update my 6.06 box to 6.10. Boy was that a mistake!

Using the foolproof updater (gksu "update-manager -c") command I waited 3 hours for all of the actions to complete, and I'm told to restart. Ok no problem, ... dapper shuts down, and up comes the new splash screen. The progress bar makes it about 1/8th of an inch across the screen and wham! I get this:

Code:
BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-2ubuntu3) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
(initramfs)My commands at this interface are very limited and theres not much I can do. (That I know anything about.)

end quote

C'est bien exactement ce que j'ai, et franchement ça m'inquiète un peu...
D'accord, ça concerne la version 6.10.
Mais là, après un tel upgrade raté, je me retrouverais bien planté...

Weiss Paul
Group Leader Technology Development
Ph. D. Physics

Colibrys (Switzerland) Ltd - Maladière 83 - CH-2000 Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Phone: +41 32 720  5354 / Fax: +41 32 720 5784
mailto:paul.weiss at colibrys.com
http://www.colibrys.com