[gull] avis sur entreprise pour achat de serveurs

Gilberto Girardello gilberto at girardello.com
Wed May 2 18:57:19 CEST 2007

Bonjour,
Une solution prix/performance très intéressante sur :
http://www.apple.com/xserve/
Et
http://www.apple.com/xserve/raid/

De plus OSX 10.5 (sortira en automne) supportera zfs
Bon c'est pas du logiciel "libre" mais presque.

Gilberto Girardello

"SETI at home is a distributed processing client from UC Berkeley that installs
on the
vounteers' home computers and harnesses their processing power in the search
for
extraterrestrial intelligence. So far nothing noteworthy has comeout of this
massive
project... that is until today! One of the voluteers was able to track down
his
wife's stolen laptop using the IP address that SETI at home client reports back
to the
server. After getting back the laptop his wife said, 'I always knew that a
geek
would make a great husband.'"