[gull] Décoration des fenêtres

Daniel Cordey dc at mjt.ch
Thu Mar 8 11:10:28 CET 2007

On Thursday 08 March 2007, Daniel Cordey wrote:

> Donc, pour ton probleme, il faut connaitre les options a passer au demarage
> de l'application; options qui seront passees comme parametres au WM... Je
> vais essayer de jeter un coup d'oeil...

C'est vraiment galere... j'ai essaye quelque trucs mais ca n'a rien donne. Il
faut savoir que certaines options ne sont pas passes au WM, ou que le WM peut
decider de na pas honorer certaines requetes... Bref, il se peut aussi que
les widgets Qt hierarchisent les "ressources" et que le controle de la
decoration ne soit possible qu'avec certains widgets (du
style 'transient/dialog' par exemple). Je ne me suis pas penche sur le
probleme... Il faudrait voir si des librairies/modules Python/Perl permettent
de creer des fenetres sans decoration avec des options.

Voici ce que j'ai trouve comme doc... (mais ce n'est pas ce que l'on cherche a
faire)

dc

Window Decorations

You can change the appearance of window borders, titlebars and buttons in KDE
using window decorations. Some window decorations even have the capability to
apply effects such as translucency. Window decorations must be able to do all
these without sacrificing speed and performance. This is the reason why
window decorations come in source code that must be compiled, or as binary
packages that must be installed. Basically, Window decorations are plugins or
small programs that instruct KWin, KDE's Window Manager, how to display
window frames.

In order to add a new window decoration, you need to compile it from source
code. If a binary package for your distribution or system is provided, you
simply need to install it using your distribution's package manager. Please
refer to your distribution's manual for instructions on how to do this. Once
the window decoration has been installed, it can be accessed in the Window
Decorations settings in the KDE Control Center. In the Window Decoration tab,
a list of installed window decorations can be seen in the drop down box.
Simply select the decoration you want to use and click on Apply. Different
window decorations have different capabilities and settings. Play around with
the different options available. The Buttons tab allows you to control the
buttons on the window titlebar. Enable the Use custom titlebar button
positions check box in order to rearrange, remove, or add buttons. To add
buttons to the titlebar, drag an item from the list to the titlebar preview
above it. To remove a button, drag the button from the titlebar preview to
the item list. Simply drag buttons in the titlebar preview to rearrange them.
While all window decorations need to be compiled from source code, some window
decorations can load pixmap-based theme files that do not need to be
compiled. KDE ships with a pixmap-based window decoration called the IceWM
window decoration. Another pixmap-based window decoration is deKorator, which
can be found on KDE-Look.org. Please refer to your distribution's
documentation on how to install these. The advantage of using pixmap-based
window decorations is it is relatively easy to make themes for them, by using
images and editing a configuration file. The tradeoff is a bit of
performance, while this may be unnoticeable on very fast systems.

To add an IceWM theme, select IceWM as the window decoration and click on the
Open KDE's IceWM theme folder link in the window decoration description area.
This will open a Konqueror window to $KDEHOME/share/apps/kwin/icewm-themes.
Extract your IceWM theme to this folder. The theme will then be added to the
list of IceWM themes. Select the theme you want to use and click on Apply.
To add a deKorator theme after you've installed deKorator, select deKorator
from the window decorations list and go to the Themes tab. Click on Install
New Theme and locate your deKorator theme archive. Make sure that the version
of the deKorator theme matches the deKorator version installed on your
system. Once the theme has been added, select the theme you want to use and
click on Set Theme Paths. Click on Apply for the changes to take effect.
Some more window decorations are available at KDE-Look.org under the Native
KDE 3.x and the Native KDE 3.2+ subsections. Themes for the IceWM and
deKorator window decorations have their own subsections under the Window
Decorations category.