[gull] Re : Demande d'assistance - request for help

Jean Pierre Rupp jpierre at xeno-genesis.com
Sun Jun 7 22:55:42 CEST 2009

Hey Diethard,

It's great to read from you. That you did was a very good thing, since
that video card your machine has is really not compatible with the
Ubuntu Remix menu.

I realized later that the Ubuntu Netbook Remix has a switch to easily
swap between the remix menu and the normal Ubuntu desktop. Too bad I
didn't see it before.

Anyways, in order to install OpenOffice.org 3.0 in your machine, you
should be looking for OpenOffice.org RPM packages for SuSE. Probably a
SuSE repository with new packages.

Unfortunately I'm looking for it throughout the Internet but I don't
seem to find the packages you're looking for. Only the old version is
available for your current OpenOffice.org.

I think we should upgrade your computer to SUSE 11 and then install the
firmware for your video card, which was the original plan. You can come
next Saturday for it. :-)

Cheers.